Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowy Sunday

Today has been a lazy kind of day. PJ's and fuzzy socks. Hot cider and cookies.


Even the cats were all about taking it easy today.


Nevertheless! Again working out prevailed and I was able to make it to the gym before the snow really started to fall. Today was Cardio Sunday and I did speed intervals for 3.0 miles, along with 15 minutes on the elliptical. It felt great!

My stomach was rumbling, so I continued my post vacation detox with a delicious and flavorful lunch.


I love kale. I LOVE kale. It has a great flavor when sauteed, especially when topped with balsamic vinaigrette. I sauteed the kale in olive oil, and paired it with chickpeas. A can of chopped black olives caught my eye, and I combined everything on top of a small cup of whole wheat pasta.


Holy YUM! The combination was savory and healthy. I washed it down with a homemade fruit smoothie.


This concoction had one clementine, a handful of strawberries, two bananas, a scoop of peanut butter, ground flaxseed, strawberry greek yogurt and milk.

I also had to partake in some Sunday evening baking. After turning on "Love Actually," I was inspired to make some more of the tea biscuits I had made last month.


Of course I messed up my kitchen. And consumed half a bottle of wine. It makes the baking process so much better!!


I love these biscuits. For as simple as they are, they are packed with flavor, and relatively healthy. I also topped them with almonds and chocolate chips that toasted nicely in the stove.


Happy Sunday everyone! Here's to the packed week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment